So, let us begin. I'm currently packing my life into a suitcase to take to University. This was event I was thoroughly looking forward to two weeks ago (yep, my calendar is sparse) the time has come and it's actually quite depressing. Most of my cohort (I'm no child prodigy, I'm starting freshers at the normal age) have already left but none of them actually told me how strange packing is. Basically it's the challenge of putting everything you think you need to survive into a flimsy portable container for easy transportation. Now as a method for transporting loads suitcases are satisfactory; they've become the norm ( I use the word 'norm' in the colloquial sense meaning societies standard) but like the humble Ford Fiesta people choose this through lack of enlightenment. I've had this idea about intra-country luggage transportation for a while. Consider a place; perhaps a kiosk or some form of booth, that vacuum wrapped your clothing into dense blocks. These blocks would be buoyant, and if the origin and intended destination for aforementioned parcels were near the coast and I had a tidal expert at my disposal, the products could be safely flung out to sea, in the knowledge that they'll resurface within 3 kilometers of their respective owners. So anyway, packing leaves behind this empty room that feels both homely and alien, similar to seeing someone in the same jumper that you illogically favour. Oh yeah, I also invent words to fully summarise a situation. You'll get used to it. I'm not an emotional person, but seeing the room that I've lived in for ten years slowly give up it's content to this rectangular wheel-possessing bag saddens me, and I know it's for a good reason but i can't help shake the feeling that it's the end of an era. I need to reflect more on this, on a lighter note duck quacks do echo so hey, swings And round-abouts. Till next time.
No comments:
Post a Comment